Earlier this year, James Sinclair presented the keynote speech at The Big Data Finance 2014 conference, held at New York University.
So, Why Big Data Finance? Conference organizers noted that ‘Big Data is generated by numerous professionals. Scientific parsing of big data is encountering challenges in the ability to process the data to produce meaningful inferences. The “Big Data Finance” conference assessed the importance of Big Data in finance today and in the near future, and considers the impact of big data on financial engineering, financial analysis, management and regulation.’
Workshops also explored:
– The cost of latency in today’s financial markets and market systems
– Algorithmic and High-Frequency Trading
– Fast data analytics and financial econometrics
– Efficient design of Big Data Algorithms, whether in data-driven exploration or algo-based analysis
– Scaling mathematical analysis of Big Data
In his Keynote address, James Sinclair takes a look at Big Data: Leveraging the people with sexiest job of the 21st century. To learn more about The Big Data Finance 2014 event, visit their site here.
Big Data Finance 2014 Presentation
James Sinclair, Keynote Speaker
New York University, Courant Institute
February 14, 2014